Sunday, September 9, 2018

I've been thinkin lately...about this blog

So I really DID Google myself and this GURL came up under Johnna.  Apparently, she and her husband took their 7-month-old on several break-ins recently.  Childcare proved to be more evasive than they are.


Today I was thinking about what I REALLY want out of this blog as I Googled myself for the 45th time and checked the stats on Blogger.com.

I don't have Facebook on my phone anymore, although, I continue to have BIG BOTHER (intentional spelling) send me notifications, which my kids pronounce NAWT-if-fa-KAY-shuns, and I told them it sounds like "Not a vacation" which you NEVER get from Facebook.

I stopped going on it because my middle daughter, we'll call her Mills, wiped my ENTIRE existence off of the iCloud and thus my IPhone.   We are talking contacts, photos, apps, EVERAYTHANG.  So now FB is just on my laptop and I only look in when I post.

Wow.  That made me sound so cool, right?

Not really, you miss out on the stuff on FB that was sweet, like a friend's daughter graduating from Cosmetology school or a buddy's 18-month-old daughter playing piano with her great grandmother.

I just decided I had the opportunity to make some technological choices and Facebook was what the racetrack calls a SCRATCH.

Subsequently, I was infiltrated by the Dark Web, and I became locked out of my password on my computer.  This happened when I tried to set up my wireless printer.

Beware of pop up windows.  Even on LEGIT sites.  It's all about what has already come in the backdoor to your computer that are attached to games and other stuff your kids download that presents the OPPORTUNITY for you to get completely grifted and humiliated.

MeeMaw has had a rough time with the TECHNOLOGAAAAY as of late.

But, it was a new start.

For instance,  I just ADORE getting a random text and I have to respond, "New phone. Who dis?"

Especially when it is the school Principal or nurse.  BOTH have been blowin me up lately.  Just kidding.  Half truths.  For a laugh.  Or IS it?

Who cares?  Right?  That is the conclusion I keep coming to.  The only way this blog can work is if I have no expectations.

Let's be real.  Do I want to go viral?  Do I want sponsorships?  Do I want to end up on the Today Show with Matt Lauer - oh, oops.  I mean, Hoda and Ryan?

Now, I KNOW Hoda and Ryan aren't together on a show.  But they may as well be.  It's all the same.  Keep up.

What do you want out of this?  I thought to myself as I twittered a half nude pic of myself advertising my new and IMPROVED blog.

That's just the thing.  You literally have to give ZERO fucks and then the World will respect you.  But then, what is the cost?

I don't want my family to suffer.  That is the only consequence I foresee for  being MYSELF and for using this to pontificate on all things that irritate or intrigue me while offering my opinion.

My goal is to try and keep it clean, and by that, I mean that I will not directly HURT anyone or DEMEAN them in the process of writing.  I will not use this soapbox in a negative way.  Unless you count the posts where I am irritable and rip on everything I see and hear.

Legacy is too strong a word.  But on a small scale, it is, as long as you keep it small and REAL, right?  As long as you are true to yourself and to your storytelling.  Even if it is all exaggerated and subjective and inappropriate.

I like to write what I know and think and experience and then process.

This blog has "guidance" in the name and I often refer to myself as a Prophet, but let's be REAL, I don't really expect anyone to be anything but entertained.  And if I present a case for something, whether it be the Death Penalty or the most economical eyelash procedures...at the end of the day, I am just shootin' the shit and there is nothing more to it than that.

Sooooo, going forward this blog is going to be named Gratuitous BULLSHIT because that is my mission statement - to BULLSHIT as I please, WHEN I muthafuckin' PLEASE , about ANYTHING I please and you can read it or not read it and react or don't react.  I DON'T CARE.  This is for ME.  It is my outlet.  And if you get anything out of it - a chuckle or the courage to leave your spouse, that's on YOU, beaaatttchhes.

I'm just a vessel.

Anyway, thanks to those of you for sticking with me. Nothing is as it seems anymore, in terms of media, and I guess I wanted to make sure that I was blogging for the right reasons.


3 comments:

  1. I love this blog. I love you!!! Keep it up, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️πŸ˜˜πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnna, You keep doing you for you and I'll continue to enjoy it! I love your wit :)

    ReplyDelete